HTSS: Day Five, Poop on the Carpet

7:49pm "Hail, Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb."

I can feel every nerve in my face, my neck, my lower arms, my hands. My legs are clenching up. It's been a long day. And yet, a good one: yoga with my puppy after my husband left for work, a long-overdue chat with my sister on the phone, some reading for my current research, a pedicure and a manicure, a nap, some good food, now a movie on DVD. How much more comfortable could life get?

Except that the chat with my sister included a number of "Soap"-level crises; my husband forgot his phone when he went to work so I couldn't talk with him all day; I still haven't started writing those book reviews even though I've read all the books because I don't know yet what I think about them; I'm anxious that I don't chip my nail polish before Sunday and my right big toenail is threatening to fall off (fencers will understand); I fell asleep reading; and the puppy pooped on the carpet. And now the DVD is seizing up.

I don't really want a cigarette, but I would like not to feel quite so anxious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gut Reaction

How to Be God-Right

The Sworn Book of Professor Peterson

Medieval History 101: The Unauthorized Version

Hot Button Issues, No. 4: Talking Politics