Coming of Age

I'm not quite sure how it happened, but I suddenly realize I am old. Not old so much in a physical sense--I've been that for awhile now, ever since my hair turned white at 40. But old in a social sense. I am now part of the older generation to be taken down. Maybe it is because my son is now in college, which makes the students I am teaching, yes, my son's age. Maybe it is because I may actually finally finish the second book, which I am hoping to do in the next year. Maybe it is simply water under the bridge. But I am no longer the up-and-coming young Turk, I am the mother figure to be challenged. Yes, there is a context for this thought today, which I am mulling over how to write about. But this is what I learned today. I am old.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Be God-Right

Gut Reaction

The Sworn Book of Professor Peterson

Hot Button Issues, No. 4: Talking Politics

Medieval History 101: The Unauthorized Version